Trailer Life Directory Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: tv problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> tv problems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
JAG 32JSS

LUDINGTON, MICH

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/13 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QUESTION? ANYBODY HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOU TV AND LIGHTS WE HAVE TO WATCH TV IN THE DARK IF WE TURN LIGHTS ON THE PICTURE FREEZES AND WE ALSO HAVE VERY LITTLE VOLUME WE HAVE 2013 ROCKWOOD WINDJAMMER IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE SHARE WITH US THANK YOU

wmoses

Houston, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/13 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please use lowercase. Uppercase is considered shouting.

You need to provide a lot more information than you did. Like when did this start, what changed that might have led to ths, what TV do you have, do you have any other issues, what happens when you plug something else (another TV?) in the same outlet, .... ???

Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

MNtundraRet

Bloomington, MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/13 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your trailer came installed with cheap led lights, they are your problem. Did your trailer come with a saucer type of antenna? That you be your other problem.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

WayneAt63044

St. Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/13 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2013 Vibe which is the cousin to your trailer. The Jensen TV is better heard when you use the radio in auxiliary mode to put the TV sound in the ceiling speakers.. At least that is what we do. We have the factory installed wall mounted TV.

TV reception can be affected by a variety of items being off or on when the signal is weak to start with. I just took delivery of the Wingman accessory for my Winegard bat wing antenna but haven't tried it yet. I get the trailer out of storage tomorrow but I'm in suburban St. Louis and won't get out to weak signal territory until Oct. to try it.

2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/13 12:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNtundraRet wrote:

If your trailer came installed with cheap led lights, they are your problem. Did your trailer come with a saucer type of antenna? That you be your other problem.

LED lights will cause this. The "cheap" lights may work better than the voltage-regulated expensive lights.

krobbe

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/13 04:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your tv is 12v, I would check the voltage without any loads on. Then turn the lights and measure again. Then turn on the tv and measure again. It could be the battery is not holding up under load.
If the battery and converter are good, then the tv may be the problem.
Something is dragging your voltage down to the point where the lights don't work.

'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD 8.1L 3.73
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'09 Bullet Premier 295BHS
Pics

wmoses

Houston, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/13 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know about LED lights and their alleged effect on his TV or how expensive my LED lights are but, my RV only has LED lighting and the TV works perfectly.

cbconway

Metro Atlanta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/13 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have exactly the same problem. The good part is that it only occurs when the signal is weak. Also, only some of the overhead LED lights cause the TV picture to freeze. We use a small incandescent lamp when watching TV. A minor issue.

"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take." – Wayne Gretsky

2013 Flagstaff 21FBRS
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC SB Auto 3.42

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/13 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wmoses wrote:

I don't know about LED lights and their alleged effect on his TV or how expensive my LED lights are but, my RV only has LED lighting and the TV works perfectly.

It is only a problem when using the antenna tuned to a distant station.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/13 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wmoses wrote:

X2 But, I do have a 110 volt TV and a power inverter. Not a 12 volt TV as someone mentioned.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> tv problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Directory | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS