Trailer Life Directory Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: arctic fox owners
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> arctic fox owners

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
sandlakeont

tf

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just looking for some real life experiences with af tt,s...am planning to buy one shortly== about 28-30 ft. with 1=2 slides..i,ve read about them and talked to a few folks on the road about them, and so far all i,ve read/heard was good news,,,,anyone here have an af? how do feel about yours....

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arctic Fox are good.
If you buy used - more important than the brand is the maintenance or lack thereof by the previous owner.
The Arctic Fox is a heavy trailer that will require careful tow vehicle consideration.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

LewMichele&Paws

At a gas station in Cowlitz County WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had a small AF 5th wheel for 7 years (see profile) with all good experiences.

'06 Ford F350 V10 CC 4X4 SB auto 4.10
'01 Arctic Fox 235H (5'er)

Don't lose your head...to save a minute...you need your head...your brains are in it...Burma Shave

States visited in our RV...

I am still wayne_tw

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Nash, the aluminium sided version of the Artic Fox. It is a solid well built trailer. I have the 29V model, 29 footer front kitchen with two slides. I full timed for many years and it has been flawless.

As stated before, they are heavy trailers, often with high hitch weights, so be careful about a tow vehicle.

HJGyswyt

Buckley Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/09 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a Brand New AF 27Y trailer in 1998. Loved it. 5 years later the floor rotted out in three locations, broke our hearts, repair bill was more than the trailer was worth. Called Northwood and they took the trailer back to the factory and completely rebuilt it, no cost to us! Even added options not available five years earlier, free! Have you ever heard of customer service like that? Last year sold the AF for a newer used Forest River Wildcat with a big slide out, wife still misses the AF and I've promised her when the kids are gone and we don't need a bunk house any more we'll go down and buy another brand new Arctic Fox travel trailer to see us through the retirement years. My only advice, if buying used looked for soft spots or signs of leakage. Any discolored linolium means there is moisture under it. Hope your purchase is trouble free, we like our Wildcat now, but we'll never be as proud of it as we were of our Arctic Fox. And by the way, we sold our 10 year old AF trailer and had a bidding war over it, I had no idea they were in such demand, and that was last year, not exactly a great time to be buying RV's. All the best...Hans

2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EcoBullet

SE Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/09 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These folks are using one on a big NW Canada & Alaska expedition. Seems to be doing well for them.
http://www.serenitysys.com/photogallery/alaska_2009/

2013 F-150 XLT 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow - Yellow Sticker Payload 1794 pounds
2014 Bullet Premier 22RBPR

RustySocket

SW Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love ours. No trailer I have had has been trouble free, but my experience with Northwood customer service has been top notch and wouldn't hesitate to buy another product from them.

Be aware that they are heavy units, make sure you have a tv that can handle the weight.

DeutscheMan

Oregon Coast

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2008 Arctic Fox 30U. Since our purchase a little over a year ago, we have easily used it over 150 nights while traveling. We have had few issues with the trailer that required warranty work, and those were minor. Designed for all seasons, we have put it through pretty much every kind of climate and found that it just "settles in" wherever we go. Because of this, our camping isn't restricted to certain times of the year. We originally bought it to place on vacation property, but found it pulled so well, that we also use it for travel. Like almost all units of this type, they are produced on an assembly line. Having visited the Northwood plant more than once, I can attest that the quality control is pretty impressive. The units are better insulated than most, and the structural engineering is superior to most. If you have issues after you buy your unit, Northwood will absolutely stand behind their products, and in some cases go far beyond the call of duty to ensure customer satisfaction. That, in my opinion is the best reason to buy an AF, aside from the high resale value, quality and comfort. To find out what Northwood owners think about their rigs, you can go to afnash.com and visit their forum. By the way, the folks on the Alaska trip have a model 29V. Knowing Steve, he wouldn't have taken that trip on if he didn't have confidence in the rig. The high ground clearance is another attribute.

Bill

sandlakeont

tf

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/09 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

iwannabearetiree wrote:

These folks are using one on a big NW Canada & Alaska expedition. Seems to be doing well for them.
http://www.serenitysys.com/photogallery/alaska_2009/

thanks for the link....very interesting.....i did that trip in 2004 but did not do the arctic circle to get the certificate.....was going
to make it a day trip with just the tv and leave the tt in fairbanks....didn,t want to chance wrecking the tv........too many miles from home..we are from new jersey....what i did see was a group
of class a,s with some american ingenuity apparent... bubble wrap over the entire front of their vehicles held on with duct tape....very easy to lose a windshield up there.....windshield shops abound..i pitted mine and replaced it when i got home...hard to time passing vehicles from the opposite direction on the loose gravel/seal cap roads...looks like this couple have the right stuff....i wish them luck......

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> arctic fox owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Directory | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS