Trailer Life Directory Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: TranSynd Transmission Fluid
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> TranSynd Transmission Fluid

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/09 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

st687 wrote:

Dexron is not a Transynd product.

Allisons Website:
Allisons Q. Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) - Can I use TranSynd fluid?
A. TranSynd is a fully synthetic transmission fluid available from Allison Distributors/Dealers or at GM dealers. TranSynd is a licensed DEXRON III product and has been extensively tested by Allison Engineering in a broad range of Allison products. While TranSynd was developed mainly to meet the harsh operating conditions of heavy-duty transmissions in severe operating conditions like transit buses, its benefits translate to the pickup truck market.

* This post was edited 02/15/09 07:50pm by Charlie D. *

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

Mike and Claudia

Canyon, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/09 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get mine from my local Freightliner company.

SEE: http://www.allisontransmission.com/

Transynd is good stuff. MUCH longer time before fluid change. Study up on it.

st687

tampa Fl

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/09 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpudRacer wrote:

Not meaning to bump the thread, but is there any way to tell if the fluid in my RV is Transynd or not? We bought our 2006 Fleetwood Revolution (with a CAT C9 and an Allison 3000MH transmission) in Sept of last year with 4700 miles on it. It now has 6700 miles, and I'm ordering the stuff I need for annual maintenance. If it already has Transynd fluid in it, I won't have to drain it again next year. If it doesn't, then I have to replace the fluid again at a cost of about $370. Is there a way to tell? Is the color different? The smell? Is there a way to test it?

Any help appreciated!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Take the serial# off the trans and call Fleetwood or Allison they should be able to tell you.

Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.

SpudRacer

Bryson City, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/09 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not meaning to bump the thread, but is there any way to tell if the fluid in my RV is Transynd or not? We bought our 2006 Fleetwood Revolution (with a CAT C9 and an Allison 3000MH transmission) in Sept of last year with 4700 miles on it. It now has 6700 miles, and I'm ordering the stuff I need for annual maintenance. If it already has Transynd fluid in it, I won't have to drain it again next year. If it doesn't, then I have to replace the fluid again at a cost of about $370. Is there a way to tell? Is the color different? The smell? Is there a way to test it?

Any help appreciated!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

dleslie125

Southern Ontario/Palmetto FL in Winter

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/09 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie D. wrote:

st687 wrote:

Dexron is not a Transynd product.

Alisos Website:
Allisons Q. Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) - Can I use TranSynd fluid?
A. TranSynd is a fully synthetic transmission fluid available from Allison Distributors/Dealers or at GM dealers. TranSynd is a licensed DEXRON III product and has been extensively tested by Allison Engineering in a broad range of Allison products. While TranSynd was developed mainly to meet the harsh operating conditions of heavy-duty transmissions in severe operating conditions like transit buses, its benefits translate to the pickup truck market.

I do not believe Dexron III is a TranSynd product. Note that Allison states that is is a LICENSED DEXRON III product and I believe that means it can be used in lieu of Dexron and in that respect it is licensed. Dexron III can certainly NOT be used in lieu of TranSynd. Castrol does TranSynd - do you know if it does Dexron? I seem to recall it does not.

2011 Itasca Impulse 26QP Silver Toad 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
New W-I Class C Yahoo Group
07 Jayco 32SS Kodiak 8.1 • 06 HR Amb 40PLQ ISC • 04 Winnie Jrny 39W CAT • 2000 Triple E CDR F53
Member Super C RV Group

want-a-be

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/09 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the useful information!!
want-a-be

SkyCop4U

Fort Worth

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/09 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an 08 Discovery. I called Allison with the S/n. My unit came with transynd... and the large filters. First filter change... 75K miles.. fluid change 150k miles..

SpudRacer

Bryson City, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/09 04:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the posts, I'll call tomorrow. My nearest Allison service center quoted me $48/gallon. The Allison site states I should need 32 quarts to replace the fluid... Seems like 5 gallons is not enough.

Tom
Bryson City, MC

George B

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/09 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why are you replacing your filters? If it for the 5000 mile change you may not need to do that depending on the serial numbers of your transmission. I did not have to change mine on my 07 at 5000 miles.

George B
2007 American Eagle
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2003 Harley Fat Boy
Enclosed Car Trailer
American Coach Yahoo Group

diveman52

Collegeville,ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/09 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

your paying way to much for the transend. I just serviced my 3000MH. took just shi of 5 gallons. Cost of 5 gallons of transsend $189.00 this includes 8% sales take.
Filter were $59.00 for the set.

SpudRacer wrote:

Any help appreciated!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

40+ Years in Electrical construction.
Retired IBEW Local 595
Every Days Saturday
2006 Golf Stream Crescendo 38'

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> TranSynd Transmission Fluid
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Directory | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS